Thursday, October 19, 2017

Blog Post 1

  1. Heyyo, I’m William, and I am a student at Summit Rainier High School in Sunny(and smoggy) San Jose. This blog will be a space where I express my political beliefs and ideals, and hopefully be a place of  conversation, and discussion.  My goal for this blog is to express my opinions, and listen/discuss other’s ideas and beliefs in an educated and professional manner.


  1. DISCLAIMER** According to the Pew Research Questionnaire, I’m a solid Liberal. So please, take that into consideration when you look at my personal ideals and beliefs. I also would like to point out that I chose the answers the most aligned with my opinion, so the accuracy of test is not very high. However here they are :
  • According to the demographic, I’m an educated, liberal representative of society. I supported Obama, during his time as president. I’m a firm believer that new policies must be introduced to help better the country.


  • I believe that the U.S government is very wasteful and inefficient, but I believe this is a problem that our specific government has at this very moment. There are democracies out there that have an organized and effective government, we just aren’t one of them

(An Effective Government shown above)
Image result for tension in executive government trump
(Lack of communication shown above)


  • I believe that the government should step in on corporations when they are not for the benefit of the population. If there are business policies that create an overall detriment to society,  I believe the government should intervene.


  • Our environment is key, and every policy affiliated with it should reflect that. I believe in strict environmental regulation, even if it is not to the benefit of businesses. Global warming is a thing, and there is no way of doing business if there isn’t a sustainable planet to do business, then there is no long term investment outlook. Image result for save the environment posters

  • Companies shouldn’t have control over the population. The population should have control of a company.
  Image result for power to the people
  • However, I believe that within the realm of reason, companies should be given independence. Improper use of government regulation will result in less jobs, less money and a less productive society. We need to keep our economy thriving.
Image result for thriving economy



  • I think that there are too many issues with our country as it stands to be investing money and time into other countries unless it impacts us directly. I understand that there are countries in need of help. But we need to fix our own issues before we should focus on international aid.  

Image result for fix healthcare

  • I also believe that U.S intervention doesn’t always work well(look at the mid east), we need to make sure that before we enter an international dispute, we ensure that what we are fighting for is for the interest of EVERYONE

Image result for bush oil middle east





  • I believe military force should be a last resort. If something is to be solved, we must attempt to solve it diplomatically first.
Image result for diplomatic relations
Before
Image result for sword on sword fight
  • I’m a strong believer of hard work. Regardless of skin or color, you can find a place where you may thrive and succeed.




For these statements, I just readjusted the answers that the survey gave me to include my personal opinions. I am willing to hear any counter arguments, and will consider changing my own opinions if you point out enough holes in my personal beliefs.  I will not condone any conversation that is discriminatory, and/or attacks a person or people. I’m here for thought provoking, educated discussion. I’m not here to make a twitter feud.


Image result for twitter political feud



1 comment: